Copyrights & Credits
- Copyright of credited texts and comments belongs to their respective authors, uncredited text is copyright Susan Crean. Bones by Archer Pechawis and Toronto – pOetic gEsture by Lillian Allen are posted with permission, and with thanks to Diaspora Dialigues.
- Uncredited photos are by Susan Crean.
- Constituent images of What Is Toronto?’s logotype are Creative Commons licensed (under the CC BY 2.0 attribution and remixable license) and are copyright
- Two Lives: Photos and documents courtesy the Crean Family and Wong Wenxi.
- Michel Lambeth photographs courtesy The Michel Lambeth Estate (MLE), Libraries and Archives Canada (LAC), Merlin Homer (MH) and Susan Crean (SMC). Most of the images on this site can be found in the Michel Lambeth archive at LAC. A good many are in the Avrom Isaacs collection at the Art Gallery of Ontario, and a few in private collections.
Thanks for assistance with the Michel Lambeth section to:
- Dorothy Lambeth,
- Maia-Mari Sutnik, curator of “Michel Lambeth, Photographer” Art Gallery of Ontario, 1998.
- Kayley Kimball, Libraries and Archives Canada
- Stan Bevington, Coach House Press
- Michael Torosian for his exhibition and catalogue “Michel Lambeth – Photographer”, National Archives of Canada, 1986.
- Made in Canada, the Editions Grafikos limited edition printed at The Coach House Press, 1967, and its public source, the City of Toronto Archives.
- Stan Bevington, Coach House Press.
Special thanks for advising on the site to Ed Carson, John Degen, James Isaacs, Virginia Jones, Eric Enno Tam, and Linnaea Stockall.
And to the Writers’ Reserve Program of the Ontario Arts Council for writing time.